Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Halloween's Got A Hold On Me



Oh October, why are you so wonderful? Here's my latest piece I'd put together, I thought I should show it before October's thru! It's titled "The Making", acrylic and ink on wood panel. It was so fun to do, obviously, because it's got quite a bit of the Halloween Creep. These two red headed ghouls are out in the midnight air (in panties and boots!) brewing up some wicked treats! The pumpkin serves as their brewing pot over their candy fire, but he's got a little secret (as I feel all pumpkins do)...look at his quiet smile. What's going on in there?



For this piece I was really inspired by those classic colors and imagery from vintage Halloween cards and what not. I can't get enough, ever since I was little...I just love. Normally my Halloween inspired pieces have been in minimal color, traditional orange, black and creme, so it was super fun to work in full nostalgic colors on this one! I really enjoyed making the pumpkin, layer upon layer, reds, oranges, browns. I think I love you...



Speaking of orange black and creme, for all you Halloweenies that haven't ordered your Something Wicked print yet, times a runnin thin! There's a few available prints yet, but not for long! Can you believe we only have two more weeks?!

5 comments:

So Good for Bunnies said...

What cute little topless girls :) Love it <3

Heidi Alamanda said...

that looks wicked cool!!

Aerial said...

Beautiful.

Aerial said...

Beautiful.

bloodmilk. said...

double double toil and trouble!!!