Monday, June 14, 2010

So Much To Say!!

Where to begin? So much craziness lately!! Lemme start with two things;

THE NEW WEBSITE! Brandimilne.com just had a makeover, and I couldn't be more happy with it!! Go have a look around - it's easy as pie to gather important brandi milne information. YAY!!

And Juxtapoz Back Talk is where it's at for 20 questions with yours truly. You can find out that I'm scared of being strangled, how I love Peter Fonda's helmet, and much more!



I've finished all the work for my upcoming show MY HEART SHALL NOT FEAR, and I'm feeling anxious and excited and a bit sad. There's so much that goes into a work of art - emotionally, for me, that after completing an ENTIRE SERIES - I'm drained and exhausted and spent. But it's so good - it feels so great, I can't even tell you how excited I am about the work and the show. If you can make it, I would encourage you to stop by June 26th. I'll be there, no joke.



And in the last few weeks, it's been sooooo great to get out of my studio and cheer on my favorite people in the art world! I got to go to the opening of H Space by Hurley two weekends ago for my friend Mike Stilkey's show. There we frolicked with Mike, Jason Maloney, Shag, Natalia Fabia, Liz McGrath, Morgan Slade, and Buff Monster. Mike's show is up for a bit more, so if you're out in Orange County - stop on by, the work is amazing!!






And this past weekend, more Orange County pleasures - the Shack Show at the Laguna Art Museum! Again, such a blast to get out of my own head to support other people's efforts and their wonderful art!!





My friend Jason Maloney went all out with his shack - his dark twist on a baby nursery is all Jason all the time!! You could even take a piece of his shack home with you - his Tipsy Plush is available HERE, get em while they're HOT!!







Like I said, a chance to get out of my head and go see what other brilliant minds are up to is such a great opportunity. These people blow my mind - every time.

1 comment:

WickedThrifty said...

new site is beautiful!!!

i don't suppose it's rob and sheri moon you're collaborating with o_O