Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Books Books Books (oh no oh no!)


Dave Cooper's Bent


In effort to escape my own cloudy world of work and Brandi Milne, nothing beats booksbooksbooks. Opening a book and peeking inside is an instant escape, for which I can't tell you how grateful I am at times...


Camille Rose Garcia's The Saddest Place On Earth


My mom was crazy crazy about books - she covered the walls with bookshelves and stocked the floors with boxes and boxes of books she never even dreamed to have time for! And now as I get older, and miss her more and more, I find myself with a fevered NEED for books galore!!


Femke Hiemstra's Rock Candy


Art Books and Children's Books...gimme gimme gimme.


J. Otto Seibold's Alice In Wonderland


The Complete Peanuts 1950_1952 Charles Schulz


(I used to do reading logs to Peanuts books in elementary school, I remember writing Charles M. Schulz over and over again ~ do comics even count? They did for me...)


Color Ink Book (cover by Femke Hiemstra)



Shag's Autumn's Come Undone



The Christmas Whale by Roger Duvoisin



Camille Rose Garcia's Alice In Wonderland by Lewis Carrol



Mark Ryden's Fushigi Circus



HI Fructose's Collected Edition Vol. II



Edgy Cute Art Book




I also have a love for these vintage books turned blank journal/sketchbooks that I found about a year ago at a handmade tradeshow in LA. The company is called Ex Libris Anonymous and they make the most wonderful, warm little sketchbooks to take with you wherever you go!!



Each one of these books is handmade and unique. Inside you'll find pages of the book along with your blank drawing or writing pages, which I LOVE. They have such a warm nostalgic feel to em, and that's what I'm all about!!



They make great gifts as well, seeing as we're comin up on Christmas here. They have cookbooks, children's books, old school books, novels, mysteries ~ what have you!! (All hard back too, of course) Happy browsing ~ and Christmas shopping everyone!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love these books. I want them all. I have some of them, but is it ever enough? I think not. Definitely good Christmas gift ideas. Sigh...

Natalie said...

wow...I need alot of those books. I have the high frustose. Love her. That bent book looks amazing! I can't believe Del Toro will be remaking Frankenstein! so excited.

I love your blog.