Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Lowbrow Literati Extensive Interview

It was about a year ago when I was asked to do an extensive interview with LOWBROW LITERATI - an art fan and collector that I had known since 2008. I'd done interviews before this - have had numerous features in magazines and articles online throughout the 10 years I've been working as a professional artist. While those interviews and articles have covered my artwork and inspirations pretty well, I was humbled by the lowbrow Literati's (Fritz Costa) interest in digging through and documenting the events and what not that had lead up to my career in art and gallery exhibitions. (Photo by the lovely and talented VICTORIA LARA)
And so I met up with Fritz at a coffee shop near me, where we talked and talked for hours as he recorded the conversation and drew out a timeline there at our table. And here now a year later, a LOWBROW LITERATI is upon us! Parts 1-3 have been posted, the other 2 parts will unfold by the end of the week!
Just want to thank you Fritz for taking the time and making the effort (on your own time) to document the why's and how's of the artists you admire. I look forward to many more interviews with you and so many brilliantly creative people!! (Photo by the lovely and talented VICTORIA LARA)
Photo by the lovely and talented VICTORIA LARA

No comments: