Thursday, October 21, 2010

Inspired Choch-Keys



Living in Southern California can be a bummer at times for a girl who loves rain and gloomy skies ~ but we've got some gloom as of late, and even some rain and THUN! So happy to see some Fall weather like when we were kids, especially as we approach my favorite of favorite Holidays (aside from Christmas...i think)!!



So Halloween it is inside my four walls ~ pumpkins, masks, skeletons, lights, cats, candy...I have too much stuff stuffed everywhere, and half this stuff is up all year...(what?)



And in the way of Halloween Children's books, here's two more I picked up for to selfishly gobble up! The Halloween Kid by Rhode Montijo is beautifully simplistic in all it's traditional orange, yellow and black...





Here's Ryan Heshka's Welcome To Monster Town in all IT'S greens, yellows and blues ~ my heart actually squealed inside my chest when I saw this at Barnes and Noble amongst the usual boring uninspired children's Halloween books...(sorry, but most of em are pathetically flippin dumb)



Ghosts, Goblins, Vampires, Clowns, Skeletons, Pumpkins, Cats, Frankensteins, Zombies, Werewolves, Mummies ~ even pirates (all done just right) surely ring my bell somethin awful as I've said before.



(yeeeeeee~)




And this little Glow In The Dark Yeti from Gamma Go is brilliantly perfect in every way, I had to add it to this post. BUT ~ if you run out and grab one up for yourself, be warned that the legs don't move to sit down as they seem to appear - I broke his little leg off the second I got it home trying to make him sit for me on my desk...bummer.



And in addition, might I add that my lovely little friend Lola (Of Lola Fine Art) has joined the good folks over at Hint Mint (the Original Designer Mint) in effort to shed some beautiful light on Breast Cancer Awareness in their Art For Awareness Series. Her tin is pretty as the Dickens so if I were you I'd run out right now and getcherself one'a these little ladies before they disappear!! (it says You Need This Mint) Shag Of Shag has done his part as well for BCA, so start runnin!!



Happy Almost Halloween!!!!

No comments: