Monday, June 20, 2011

And Such Is Life



As I mentioned in my last post, the Corey Helford Gallery turns 5 years old this month. To celebrate (as only the CHG does), they're putting on the MOST FABULOUS group show of the year. Here is my painting titled "And Such Is Life", it's acrylic on wood and measures 40"x27" (inside frame).



This piece represents for me not only a turning point in my work, but the representation of growth and support I have drawn from my time with the Corey Helford Gallery. The last five years have taken me to new places, brought me close to new friends, and blossomed my inspiration for creating in a way I could have never dreamed. This piece embodies a swirl of life and love in my heart that I have felt in these experiences, and I am extremely proud of what it is.



I thank the Corey Helford Gallery for all they have done not only for me, but for my contemporaries, my friends, and the art community. I am humbled and more so, proud to be part of their family.




Show opens Friday, July 1st at the COREY HELFORD GALLERY in Culver City. This is gonna be BIG ~ if you can, come on by for the five year festivities!!



(Instagram version!)

8 comments:

CrystaL* said...

Such a stunning piece. I love when you show process shots. I can't wait to see some pics of the anniversary party!
Hope you are having a great start to your week!
Much Love,
Crystal

Peet said...

Wow, it's beautiful, I love the colors again and you become better and better. It looks so easy and natural and that is nice to look at, you won't get bored looking at the painting because it looks so natural. I hope you know what I mean. Bye greetz peet

MJC *-* said...

First of all, love your new painting it's so soft and to see your workspace (you even painted your lamp!)

Anyway, I have a question and I really really hope you can answer it quick if you have a little time!?
I'm making a wallpainting (on canson paper)with acrylic and to make the surface smooth I used a acrylbinding. Now it makes the surface very smooth but it's a little plastic layer, so it's not nice to paint on. How do you prepare your canvas? I'm thinking about clear gesso of Liquitex? And do you use a slow dry medium or a glazing medium? Your blending with acrylics is amazing and it's something I only can get with oilpaint. I want it to be detailled and smooth and everything. Now I HAVE to paint with acrylic paint because it dries quick and I have a crazy thight deadline, so I hope you have a tip for me??

BRANDI MILNE said...

Thank you Thank you!! YOu're all so kind!!!! **Crystal, there will be photos, definitely!! **Peet, Thank you, so nice! **MJC, I use clear Liquitex gesso - about 2 sanded layers. definitely a nice smooth (but paintable) surface.

Thanks again!!

Tessa said...

I'm a big fan of your work and wanted to stop by and tell you how wonderful this piece is! I love all the work you do, but this one is extra special, and I really enjoyed reading your thoughts behind the piece. Thanks for sharing them with us.

I recently signed up to attend Baby Tattooville this year, and I was so excited to find out that you are one of the featured artists! It will be my first time at the event, and I am counting down the days... :)

BRANDI MILNE said...

Tessa,
That's SO EXCITING!!! You're gonna love Baby Tattooville, no joke!!! I count down the days each year, I love it so much!

Thank you for the kindest words, I really appreciate it. See you very soon!!

Brandi

jl schnabel said...

completely blown away by your new direction!!!

xoxo

Karen said...

I don't know what I like more about this painting, that little rocking giraffe, the top hat, the little guy pulling the strawberry, or those swans! Gosh I love those swans! Makes me want to look for that old swan soap holder I had.
Just a totally awesome painting!