Friday, June 17, 2011

Instagram And Corey Helford Goodies



(a bit blurry, but love)


I've fallen in love with Instagram just recently (like I just joined this week). I was hesitant at first - knowing that the time I spend on my IPhone (on Twitter and Facebook and blogs and emails and Solitaire) is increasingly cutting into the time I spend looking at a real persons face as they talk to me! Buuuut....



...if there's one thing I love about all this social networking in my face - it's photo sharing (honestly, that's the main reason I have this blog!). I love photos, and even moreso - I love the look of old photos. ...Enter Instagram.




(My Baron Of The Deep painting for Sea No Evil June 25th)


I love love love it, and would seriously upload millions of photos a day, if I wanted to neglect all my responsibilities and never paint/draw ever again...


(Fist Of The North Star, myself and Greg Craola Simkins in Montreal for Greg's and Lola's Escape With Me show)


So if you yourself are sharing your life thru gloriously vintage-esque photos, find me and say Good Day!! *_* ~~~~~

And I'm also sooooo excited to finally mention this puppy:



"Corey Helford Gallery is celebrating its 5th anniversary with "Zero To Sixty", a gala group exhibition featuring new works from artists we love, including those who have been with us from the beginning of these meteoric five years - Natalia Fabia, Sylvia Ji, Eric Joyner, David Stoupakis, Buff Monster, Chris Anthony, Joshua Petker, Carlos Ramos, Sarah Folkman, Michael Mararian, Van Arno, Brandi Milne, Korin Faught - and artists who have more recently joined our roster - D*Face, Josh Agle (Shag), Ron English, Ray Caesar, Nick Walker, Kukula, Lola, Mia, Nouar, Sas and Colin Christian, Natalie Shau, Tom Bagshaw, Adam Wallacavage, Amy Sol - and also works from artists we just love, such as Todd Schorr, Joe Sorren, Gary Baseman, Gary Taxali, Greg Simkins, Kazuki Takamatsu, Kent Williams, Kinsey, Eine, Tokidoki, Hush and many more.

In the tradition of Charity By Numbers, Literartistry, Clowns!, Multiplanes and Bristol Museum's "Art From the New World", this collection of works is the best from the best artists of the New Contemporary Fine Art Movement. We are very proud and honored to have this amazing new show represent what we've tried to accomplish in the last five years - the elevation in a fine art setting of what we've always believed would be, and is now emerging as, a dominant genre in contemporary art. From the toy stores and crowded storefronts to Art Basel and MOCA, these artists have shunned the traditional paths to recognition and are moving directly into museums and the homes of the world's most important art collectors. We hope you'll join us. If you can't, advance online previews can be requested at jch@coreyhelfordgallery.com. Thank you for all your support of the gallery and our artists. Best, Jan Corey Helford"



There you have it...I'll be posting images of my painting (that SERIOUSLY kicked my butt) for the show next week. I can't tell you how excited I am for this one!!!!

1 comment:

Gerushia's New World said...

I've been seeing some really great vintage-y photos on twitter with Instagram. I love and collect vintage photos, so I am obviously drawn to this. But....that's one more electronic thingie for me to become obsessed with!!

I can't wait to see your new painting. I'm assuming that if it kicked your butt....it must be mind boggling! I love your work.

Kim
Gerushia's New World