Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Now There You Go Again, You Say, You Want Your Freedom
(is this gross? it's me)
I've got a mad crush on the 70's, if you haven't noticed. As I was running (and walking) on the treadmill today, I was listening to my Ipod which is chalk-full of it's goodness. 70's Music. They don't make it like they used to! So, inspired by the times, here is a montage, if you will. Here's to the goodtimes...
Led Zeppelin rules and you know it. Lookit this.
I've been lucky enough to be able to see Elton live 5 times? My sister is in love with him, and I was able to witness his ridiculous genious in person thanks to her! And Pink Floyd is everything. Freddie Mercury? What.
Elvis was SO Elvis, I can't stand it!! Growing up, I would listen to all my mom's wild stories of her shananigans with her friends (in the 60's). I just dreamed of having lived back then, when all this was going down - it woulda been so good. Here's to you, Creedance, The Band, Janis and all the others I couldn't fit in.
Most of her shananigans were inspired by The Beatles, going to their shows, trying to meet them in person. So naturally, I'm a big fan...
Barbra Streisand is one of my guiltiest pleasures, most people around me hate her guts. Not me, I love her something awful! Grew up listening to Neal Diamond, and hating every minute of it...until I got older. And same with Stevie Nicks, I only came into loving her a few years ago because my husband was seemingly obsessed with her. And Liza, come on.
And Cher. She is so Cher, just like Elvis, they just rule so good. How could one not love her dearly?
Simon and Garfunkel, how did you do it?
That's my music montage. I could go on and on and on really, I just love it all so much. So I've been working on a list of favorite songs of all time. It's been rough - I won't lie. There's just no way of picking number one, and number two, and so on. well here it is so far, in no particular order of course:
* Going To California - Led Zeppelin
* Take The Weight Off Fanny - The Band
* Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
* Stairway To Heaven - Led Zeppelin
* Love Bites (i know) - Def Leopard
* Who'll Stop The Rain - Creedance Clearwater Revival
* I Keep Holding On - Ambrosia
* Turn The Page - Bob Seiger
* The Boxer - Simon And Garfunkel
* Wonderboy - Tenacious D
* You're So Vain - Carly Simon
* Sister Rosetta Goes Before Us - Robert Plant and Alison Krauss
* She Came In Through The Bathroom Window - The Beatles
* Ventura Highway - America
* Breathe - Pink Floyd
* Here I Go Again - White Snake
* I Will Remember You - Elvis
* Don't Let Me Down - The Beatles
Um, I can tack on another 40 songs, but I won't do that to you. ..right now. Think about it - it's hard to pick just ..like 20. Do it, I dare you! (let me know when you do!)
And thanks for all the love recently, I really do appreciate it!! Hope you're all doing well!